- Call, stop in, or register online to sign up and pay for the class/event of your choice. Class/event fee is due when you register. Unless otherwise noted, class participants must be 16 or older.
Supplies are not included in the class fee unless otherwise specified. Please have supplies purchased from Rae-Bon Sew & Quilt Shop before class. Kits required are available at the shop. No photocopied or sharing of patterns or books will be allowed in classes due to copyright concerns.
- Please be setup and ready to begin class at the specified start time.
- We consider your enrollment to be a commitment by you to take the class/event and we in turn make a commitment to the instructor. No refunds are allowed on classes/events. Thank you for not asking us to make exceptions.
- Your sewing machine or serger must be in top working condition before you arrive at class. Students whose equipment is not working properly disturb and slow down the class. We service all brands of machines and sergers so come see us prior to the start of the class.
- We are happy to setup a private class for a group of 4 or more at a date and time that works for you.
Basic Sewing Kit includes:
- Seam ripper
- Fabric marking tool
- 1x6 ruler
- Hand sewing needles
- Other favorite tools
Basic Rotary Cutting Supplies:
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter
- Ruler (6 x 24 works great)
Sewing Machine Rental for Classes
The Baby Lock Brilliant is available to rent during instructor led classes. A limited number of machines are available on a first come first serve basis. We recommend reserving a machine when you sign up for class. Machines cannot be reserved online; please give us a call or stop in the shop. Rental is not available during Open Sew.
The Baby Lock Brilliant is a wonderful sewing machine with some great bells and whistles. It features 190 stitches, thread cutter, needle threader, and speed control. A variety of feet are included with the machine: walking foot, nonstick foot, 1/4” guide foot, zipper foot, and more (14 total feet).
The rental fee is $25 per session* and includes use of the machine and 14 snap on feet. In order to not take away from class time for yourself or other students, you must arrive 30 minutes before class starts to sign a rental contract and inventory the machine accessories. A staff member will also provide an overview on use of the machine at that time. At the end of class, a staff member will again complete an inventory with you. You are responsible for any missing accessories or damage to the machine. In order to ensure the machines stay in good working order, thread must be purchased from Rae-Bon Sew & Quilt Shop.
*If you decide to purchase the machine at the end of class, your rental fee can be applied to the purchase