Every laptop computer needs a computer bag (and these bags are awesome even if you don’t have a computer to carry).
Because we’re at the beginning of our bag-making adventure, we’ll focus this class on the simpler project in the pattern, the Laptop Case.
The 12” H x 14”W x 2” D Laptop Case has a zippered closure at top with padded handles to make it easy to carry. An outside zippered pocket made from quilted fabric and an inner zippered mesh pocket keep things organized.
In the course of making this simple case you will learn several skills:
- Quilt fabric with Soft and Stable® as the stabilizer
- Make and attach a border
- Make padded handles
- Install a double-slide zipper in the top of a bag
- Use one double-slide zipper to make two single-slide zippers
- Work with mesh and attach a zipper to a mesh pocket
- Tricks for sewing around curved edges
- Make and attach bias binding